Thursday, July 14, 2016

c.R.E.A.M. (The speed of light Rules Everything Around Me)

No joy in Brooklyn tonight as I wait for the file transfer to trigger the beginning of the end of my time here to complete.  It's robocopying as fast as it can but you can only push electrons so fast. 

On the upside, the transfer is reading as a pretty consistent 98 to 99.5 Mbps on the performance window and I've chosen to interpret that as a sign of good wiring. 

I'm pruning a lot of the general musings out of the documentation I've been writing so far.  As much as I know future generations would appreciate my diary-like writing style I don't think it'd be much help to someone trying to figure out why the next migration isn't working right. It's been suggested that I have a 'holistic' style of writing and I'm really making an effort here to put together something functional. 

The other day someone asked me what my experience with Linux is and I had kind of a hard time answering.  The truth is that I have extensive Linux experience at home and school but I was a having a hard time answering the question without instead talking about the applications I've run on it. Most of what I've done with Linux directly seems so pedestrian: editing text files and managing processes. The answer I gave was to rattle off the various installations I have around my house and what their primary function is but I feel like that was a pretty weak answer.

So in that spirit I'm also giving a thought to how I'm going to describe this whole internship project to future employers.   

No comments:

Post a Comment