Friday, July 8, 2016

Going dark

Been quiet lately as I'm trying to nurse out the last of the hours left in my internship.  Tried to do a switchover to the new hardware for the file server and everything worked perfectly.   Tried to do the same for the build server and I hit a snag that required a total, multi hour, return to the old hardware.  

The intranet site was working, the VMs were building and installing, but for some reason the step in the scripts where they:

  1. Revert the VM to a clean snapshot
  2. Restart the VM
  3. Start the build
Wasn't firing properly.  The VM would suspend but wouldn't restart.   If I manually clicked start the reversion would happen and the process would proceed normally.  I'm still not sure what caused it and I've stressed everyone else out enough for now so right now I'm researching and just fixing things here and there when they pop up. 

I'll try again next week, if I can figure out what happened. 

No comments:

Post a Comment