Tuesday, June 14, 2016

It's harder than it looks

Today I've spent a lot of setting things up that need time.  Robocopy VMs.  Zip up other VMs.  Clear out old snapshots. Resource intensive operations on multiple machines at once. I'm like a conductor trying to keep everything going without overloading anything.

At one point Bruce came over and asked if I was busy and, to be honest, it's a complicated question. I'm doing a lot of things but it sure doesn't look like it so I said no.  Then he gave me another project that started with unzipping another VM on a different server and that is going to take 45 minutes.

Once my delayed action items are done I'm going to do a drive letter shuffle on the build server and hopefully it'll work like the old trick where you pull out a tablecloth without the dishes winding up on the floor.

Delivery date for the new hardware: June 27th!   Very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment