Thursday, June 23, 2016

Your listed functionality got in my upgrade path

Made some good progress today getting my potential-upgrade VMs working.   I was able to get the build process going without issue and while I did hit a snag I found the solution pretty easily.   Applying the solution has meant my VM has been tied up by Windows Update for a long time but I'm pretty sure I'll be good to go afterwards. 

I've been reading through the configuration section of the manual for the server that I'll have come Monday and it seems both exciting and awful.  The bad news is that I might not have all of the functionality I expected because of Lenovo's Features On Demand model where the hardware they send you is capable of some function but in order to unlock it you've got to fork over a bit more cash.  I might not have an integrated RAID controller after all, but I'll know for sure either way soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment