Came in to the VM host server undergoing a check disk because of increasing instability. It found enough bad blocks that the report was cut off in Event Viewer.
Tried to get a build going on my new VM by kickstarting it from the command line but it just wasn't having it. The build would fail right away after throwing a cryptic error. Spent a while poking through source code trying to figure out the right parameters to pass to the build tool but no luck today.
Thursday I'm going to revisit the overall configuration and make sure I didn't miss an environment variable. When I started I thought this project was going to be like re-building a house, but now it feels more like re-baking a cake. There's a black-box element to the project that has led to me discovering all new things that I didn't know.
Every now a fan will start spinning in my workstation and it'll be a bit alarming, but not half as bad as when it quickly spins down after it's been going so long I've gotten used to it. Twice today I had a input mismatch as my ears were telling me that the computer had shut down suddenly but I could clearly see the screen was still on.
No comments:
Post a Comment