My 2008 R2 VM is ready for testing. Got the rest of the programs it needed installed today and learned some valuable lessons about subversion along the way. I'm going to add "Successfully installed Visual Studio 6.0 on Windows Server 2008 R2" to my resume.
Testing is stalled a bit, however, since there's something else afoot. Instead of that I got to run a build straight out of Visual Studio 2010 for diagnostic purposes. Whatever is happening is somewhere between a query and a concern and has something to do with the software building itself so that's taken priority.
There was also a VMWare-related MAC Address issue that I think I've successfully diagnosed but this other issue has sucked most of the oxygen out of the room so I'll probably have to wait till tomorrow to check.
I'm very excited to get my hands on the new build environment hardware they've ordered and let the current one retire gracefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment